Monday 14 April 2014

Nigerian/Stoke City Striker, Osaze Says, He Can Make Nigeria's 23-Man Squad to Brasil 2014 World Cup!

Out-of-favour super eagles striker, Osaze Odemwingie who last played for Nigeria's senior soccer team, the super eagles in 2012 spoke about his relevance in coach, Stephen Keshi's world cup games with UK’s 4-4-2 magazine at the weekend, said: “It’s not a question of whether I believe I will strengthen the team, I will be a useful player for the team, and I want to be there. It’s a team that has been doing well over the past year, but every team needs depth. The World Cup is about 23 players, not just 11. The matches come every three or four days, there can be injuries and other things... I am 100 per cent sure I would be a great addition to our national team in the World Cup.
I’m in good form physically and psychologically ...of course, I’m available. I’m getting very close to the end, but I'm not there yet. I have more years in me for the Premier League and the quality is still there... The question was never whether I wanted to play. Whenever invitations came, I answered the call and I happily accepted them. In Nigeria, we say “e get as e bi”, meaning 'that has to do with the situation... The approach was made and the coach (Keshi) and I have been talking for a few months now. In the end, you can't make all decisions when you're angry. I have let go of things from the past. It’s not a do-or-die matter. I’m taking things really easy - being a father and expecting a second son as well, things are different now... It all comes from the demands of the manager, Mark Hughes. He has set targets for himself to break all the clubs records. To get that done, we all have to go 100 per cent in every game. Of course the main target for every club on that level is to secure Premier League status for the next season... That’s been done, but he is really demanding that we don't relax right now and still give everything we can in the last games of the season. If we beat those records, that will be kind of a commitment for us going forward. It will also help us to bring in one or two quality players in the summer to improve the performance in the Premier League again next season... I have no hard feelings towards anyone at West Brom - I’m on good terms with most people there. ..the people in the football family know everything. I had five offers in the summer from managers who did their homework. Not all the clubs wanted to do their business in public, especially after the QPR incident. There was a lot of interest in me but not everybody had the patience to deal with West Brom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment