Tuesday 15 April 2014

Police Chief Says, "No JAMB Candidate was Killed By Boko Haram in Borno!"

Borno State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Lawal Tanko, has debunked the rumour that JAMB candidates were killed in the state last Saturday on their way to write the body's UTME (examinations). Lawal said:“I was directly in charge of the police operations to ensure safety of the candidates in all the examination venues in Maiduguri. We conducted the examination in peace without any incident in all the centres in Maiduguri. As I speak to you, the students are on their way back home. So, I do not know which attack you are talking about in a JAMB centre in Maiduguri... I do not rule out the possibility of attacks on one or two candidates on their way to the venues or back home. I have not received any report of attacks on candidates either on their way to the examination or back home."

No comments:

Post a Comment